ASP Web Pro

Contractor Causes House Fire

Story & photos by  Ex Captain Steven Grogan

On Wednesday, July 7, 2016, at about 6PM, Lynbrook firefighters under the command of Chief John Chavatte responded to a reported house fire at 8 Clarke Avenue after a fire was accidently started by a contractor's employee working in the attic of the home.  The worker who started the fire and attempted to put it out was treated at the scene by NCPD paramedics for smoke inhalation and released.  Tally-Ho was first on the scene and stretched a line but it was never charged.  The fire was quickly extinguished with a water can.  The burnt insulation in the ceiling was taken down and brought outside.  Firefighters were at the scene for just over 30 minutes.  Damage was minimal.     

Bookmark and Share


Copyright © 2016 Lynbrook Fire Department. All rights reserved.

Your internet consultant