1927 Ahrens-Fox pumper shown above and below is the
actual truck used by Engine Company No.1 from 1927 until it
was retired in 1954. The truck was sold to a farm,
where the truck was used for many years. Engine Company was
fortunate to re-acquire the truck in 1983. The truck was
meticulously restored to its original condition over the
past 17 years, in no small part due to the generosity of
Neale MacCarn. See the
Engine Co. No. 1 homepage
for additional information.
about Ahrens-Fox fire trucks by
The chrome fire
lantern on the rear step of the '27 Ahrens-Fox.
antique pumper is a 1921 Ford. The Ford truck was
restored by the members of Tally Ho.
Company's 1947 Seagrave 85' Ariel Ladder Tractor Tiller
Truck used by Truck Company from 1947 until 1962. It was
purchased from the
Windsor Fire Dept.,
Ontario, Canada after many years of faithful service, and is
being restored with Lynbrook insignias.
The truck is part of the permanent display at the Nassau
County Firefighters Museum & Education Center