24, 1953 five women, one representing each Lynbrook Fire
Company, approached the village attorney, Charles Rothkopf,
asking that he obtain a charter for the Ladies Auxiliary to
the Lynbrook Fire Department. New York State granted
incorporation for the Auxiliary. The first meeting was held
on April 8, 1953 presided over by president Marie Hilms.
There were 53 charter members.
by-laws described the object of the Auxiliary as that of
being "for the sole purpose of taking part in parades when
sanctioned by the Lynbrook Fire Department."
the by-laws then read that the object was "to promote the
welfare, perpetuate the principles of the Nassau County
Firemen's Association and to render any assistance possible
to the Fire Departments of Nassau County."
1978 and to the present the by-laws read that the object of
the Ladies Auxiliary is:
years the Ladies Auxiliary has held numerous fundraisers
allowing the Auxiliary to purchase various items for the
Lynbrook Fire Department; marched in many parades, amassing
an impressive array of trophies; served countless cups of
coffee at fire scenes, and continues to assist the Lynbrook
Fire Department when called upon, anytime, day or night.
the auxiliary is comprised of 38 members. Membership is open
to any wife, mother, sister or daughter who is 18 years of
age or older and whose relative is a member in good standing
of the Lynbrook Fire Department or Junior Fire Department.
Vice President -