ASP Web Pro

Working Car Fire Extinguished

Story & photos by  Ex Captain Steven Grogan

At 2:45 AM on Thursday morning August 8, 2010, the Lynbrook Fire Department was dispatched to a reported car fire next to a house at 71 Denton Avenue, near Rocklyn Avenue.  The department under the command of Chief Raymond Burke responded on a general alarm.  Firefighers arriving on the scene found a working car fire in the home's driveway.  Vulcan Company from Denton Avenue was first on the scene and ran a line to the burning vehicle.  The fire was extinguished in a matter of minutes.  They were assisted at the scene by Truck Company.  All the other companies stood-by.  The fire may have been caused by an electrical problem in the firewall and it is not considered suspicious.  

Bookmark and Share

www.lynbrookfd.org

02/21/17 12:21

Copyright © 2010 Lynbrook Fire Department. All rights reserved.
Revised: 21 Feb 2017 12:21:27 -0500 .

 

WEB DESIGNS BY DAN GILMARTIN

Your internet consultant