ASP Web Pro
A New House & A New Truck
Story & Video by Ex-Captain Steve Grogan, Photos by Firefighter Brian Grogan

The last thing that a firefighter wants to hear is that there is a fire at their own firehouse.  That is just what happened on the morning of April 22, 2005.  An electrical fire at Rescue, Hook, Ladder and Bucket Company, No. 1’s firehouse on Earle Avenue, Lynbrook’s first fire company, caused extensive structural damage to the original 1884 wood structure and it had to be torn down.  The new Truck Company firehouse, now with three bays was officially dedicated on Sunday, June 7, 2009 with its company members, Lynbrook FD members, and firefighters from surrounding villages.  Additionally, the company’s new 428, a 100 ft. ladder, was also christened with a wet-down on the same day.

Click here for video

2005 Fire At Truck Co. Quarters, April 22nd, 2005

 

 

     

 

 

Bookmark and Share

www.lynbrookfd.org

02/21/17 12:50

Copyright © 2009 Lynbrook Fire Department. All rights reserved.
Revised: 21 Feb 2017 12:50:24 -0500 .

 

WEB DESIGNS BY DAN GILMARTIN

Your internet consultant