Faulty Chimney Causes House Fire 12/26/2003

Story & Photos by Ex- Capt. Steve Grogan


For the second time this season Lynbrook volunteers responded to a house fire caused by a fireplace or chimney. 

A few minutes after midnight on the morning of December 26, 2003, the Lynbrook firefighters, under the command of First Deputy Chief David Pearsall, were called to 57 Manor Road on the corner of Denton Avenue.  A fire had started in the wall of a third floor bedroom caused by a faulty seal in a chimney abutting the bedroom.  Firefighters had to open the wall, ceiling and roof to get at the fire which was quickly extinguished.  No one was reported injured.Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour. 



02/20/17 07:18

Copyright © 2000-2017 Lynbrook Fire Department. All rights reserved.
Revised: 20 Feb 2017 07:18:43 -0500 .