Tally-Ho. Chemical Engine Company was formed as an independent fire company in 1911. Tally-Ho originally served the western part of what is now Lynbrook and eastern Valley Stream,, and was a member company of the United Fire Department, with other member companies from Norwood (Malverne) and Munson (Franklin Square).
In 1922 the area Tally-Ho is located was annexed by the Inc. Village of Lynbrook, and Tally-Ho was forced by law to become part of the Lynbrook Fire Department. The company was split between Lynbrook and Valley Stream members, and Engine 2 of the Valley Stream Fire Department was founded on October 22nd, 1922. It was determined that the Lynbrook members would keep the firehouse and name, while the Valley Stream members would take the truck. an 1922 GMC thus becoming Valley Stream's second engine company.
1922 GMC Pumper↑
1921 Lincoln Hose Truck ↓
|© Copyright 2017 - Lynbrook Fire Department, All rights reserved. Revised: 08 Apr 2017 05:42:18 -0400|